Please note: The URL is changing to www.rightondailyblog.com soon. rightondaily.com will still point here for a while longer.
I was told a story about Major Williams and some incident he had with a women’s federated group. When I was attempting to prove the accounts of the incident, I went looking for answers.
What I Found was a disturbing thread from some dude named Rob Pyers that a lot of insiders follow. Mr. Williams has to post his FEC/FPPC report soon and it should be pretty ugly. IT will look like Joe Collins or Bill Brough.
IN the meantime, let’s have a look at a few things Major… From Axios we get the following:
- Williams, a Republican, failed to qualify for the recall ballot, which the California secretary of state’s office officially released last weekend.
- State records show he hadn’t even filed much of the paperwork required to earn a spot. Williams’ campaign, which raised nearly $300,000, was “almost borderline fraudulent,” Perez wrote.
- In a series of Instagram posts this week, Williams blamed the paperwork errors on his staff and what he described as the forced closure of the campaign’s bank account. He also announced his intention to run as a write-in candidate.
What Williams has already won is extensive earned media, particularly from conservative outlets. He even landed a coveted interview on the Fox News morning program “Fox & Friends.”
- Williams has continued asking for donations, even after being cut off by the online payment processor Anedot. “Our Accounts team became aware of certain information and closed the account,” an Anedot spokesperson told Axios.
- Williams’ campaign referred questions to statements on his Instagram account, in which he’s denied he’s in the race to boost his personal profile. “I don’t want to be this social media influencer,” he said in one video this week.
- But he’s turned to the influencer monetization platform Monytize, where Williams is now steering his social media followers. He’s also selling merchandise at the website AmerciaForever.com, which says in a disclaimer, “This is a private, for-profit business. No allifiation [sic] with” the Williams campaign.
Imagine that. We’ve written about Joe Collins and his con job. We’ve written about William “Bill” Brough. Now, here we go with Major Woody. His con got so bad that Anedot.com terminated his account.
Let’s have a look at Major “woody” Williams for Governor…
So Courtney La Paul Williams has had quite a history of reinventing himself to run his latest game it looks like. I don’t think he cared weather or not he made the recall ballot – in fact, in some regards, his life got easier by failing to qualify.
Some campaign finance regulator is going to get a major woody looking at this guy’s filings.
So – Major Williams raised $300K for his Governor run but never bothered to even take his papers?
The natural question to ask is what happened to the money? I will bet that Major Woody was on the Joe Collins campaign plan… just a hunch.
Sign up to receive RightOnDaily updates sent to your inbox.